Kuhn Corp Environmental Management System Environmental Procedure
Date Created: 08/02/2010
Date Revised: 04/08/2014
Revision Number: 5
Kuhn Corp Press Pty Ltd, by gaining accreditation of Level 2 of Sustainable Green Print, are implementing and promoting environmentally sound printing practices. By recommending recycled paper, soya based inks and reducing our waste streams (from paper to electricity) we hope to reduce our environmental footprint. Our main environmental impacts lie with quantities of waste that can be recycled and the possibility of chemical spills. Through the Sustainable Green Print (SGP) system and its objectives and targets we aim to continually improve these business aspects.
Kuhn Corp Press Pty Ltd will comply with the applicable environmental legislation standards, industry codes of practice and procedures that we subscribe to. Continual improvement will be ensured by implementing environmental policies, procedures and programs to address the environmental costs and impacts of our business.
We will achieve this by:
- Developing and maintaining an Environmental Management System (EMS) that will enable us to set and review environmental objectives on a yearly basis. We will produce documentation whilst monitoring our overall environmental performance.
- Managing environmental systems with adequate resources, staff and external suppliers and contractors that have undergone adequate training where necessary to ensure policy compliance.
- Committing to the prevention of pollution, focusing on minimising the release of contaminants into the environment and the efficient use of raw materials to conserve natural resources.
- Disposing of all unrecyclable waste in a manner that complies with local laws and policies whilst being environmentally friendly where possible.
- Communicating our commitment to environmental quality and performance to our employees, vendors, customers and external stakeholders.
- To continue our environmental efforts we will ensure the following implementations are sustained:
- The increased stringency of recycled paper and cardboard resulting in an overall increase in recycled matter to the point where all recyclable waste is recycled and not directed to landfill.
- Recommendation of recycled paper
products to clients.
- Use of environmentally friendly inks
- Recycling of contaminated rags
- Recycling of all plates and aluminum.
Management at all levels of Kuhn Corp Press Pty Ltd are responsible for ensuring that this policy is communicated and adhered to by all employees and subcontractors, and that it is made available to interested members of the public.